Jim was born and raised in New York City where he retains strong family roots and long term friendships. He was graduated from Kenyon College in 1981 with a B.A. in History and began his professional career in Los Angeles working for a succession of large and small industrial real estate brokerages.
After 15 years practicing real estate, Jim opened Klein Commercial Real Estate, Inc. in 1997. KCRE maintains an office in downtown Gardena and has specialized in industrial property throughout the Greater Los Angeles region, specifically the South Bay. More recently, clients include major developers, international corporations, and private investors, in both sale and lease transactions. Jim also holds Brokerage licenses in California, New York, and New Jersey and is frequently involved transactions across the U.S.
Jim has held leadership roles in both civic and business organizations including BRICA (Broadway/Rosecrans Industrial Commercial Association), LASVP (Los Angeles Social Venture Partners) and SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors), for which he served on the National Board as Education Council Director. Jim chaired the Industrial Committee; Program Co-Chair for the Summer 2018 Warsaw and 2022 Dublin Conferences, and was the primary liason with MIT Center of Real Estate. His hobbies include tennis, swimming and running, literature, travel, and tech. Jim occasionally writes about the industry. He lives in Santa Monica with his family.
- 325,000 SF Lease to Logistics Tenant, Ontario, CA
- 175,000 SF Lease to CoastCast, Rancho Dominguez CA
- 176,000 SF Sale for Burgmaster, Los Angeles, CA
- 141,000 SF Manufacturing Plant on 10 Acres for Johnson Controls, Compton, CA
- 18 Acre Land Sale for National Steel, Los Angeles, CA
- 7.5 Acre Land Sale for Borden Chemical, Carson, CA.
- 77,000 SF R&D Facility for Diebold, Inc., Cypress and Rancho Dominguez, CA
- 165,000 SF Lease to Jonathan Louis International, Gardena, CA
- 45,000 SF Office Building Sale in San Diego, CA
- 120,000 SF on 10 Acres Sale for CoastCast Corporation , Gardena, CA
- 125,000 SF Sale of Manufacturing Buildings in South Gate, CA
- 85,000 SF of Manufacturing Buildings for Custom Leather Craft in Los Angeles, CA
- 100,000 SF lease for Mr. Gasket, Compton, CA
- 6 Acre Land Sale for Alcoa, Los Angeles, CA
- 9.5 Acre Land Sale to Trammell Crow, Gardena, CA
- 8 Buildings Exceeding 240,000 SF For IPS Corporation, Carson, CA
- 15 Acres in Multiple Sites to Extra Space Storage, Greater Los Angeles Area
- 120,000 SF Building Sale on 8 Acres, Savannah, GA.
- 4 Acre Land Sale to Aspire Public School, Huntington Park, CA
- 50 Apartments on 2.4 Acres Development Land, Downtown Los Angeles (Washington and Vermont)
- 141,000 SF on 9 Acres. Sold for the 4th time, Compton, CA
- 60,000 Square Foot Building, Paramount, CA – Leased twice.
- 5 Acre Land Lease – Gardena, CA – Leased Three Times – always credit tenant
- 5.25 Acre Land Lease – Gardena, CA – Leased for MTA Transit Facility – 10 Years
- 55,000 Square Foot Warehouse, Carson, CA – Adhesives Manufacturing and Distribution – 6 Years
- 60,000 Square Foot Warehouse, Carson, CA – Adhesives Manufacturing and Distribution – 30 Years
- 260,000 Square Foot Warehouse – Redondo Beach, CA – Global Air Carrier – 7 Year Lease.
- 50,000 Square Foot Warehouse Sale – Torrance, CA – Global Manufacturer – Sold to REIT
- 2 Acre Land Sale – Gardena, CA – Represented Seller for 6th Time
- 5 Acre Land Lease – Gardena, CA – Leased for 5 years for Container/Truck Storage.
- 55,000 Square Foot Industrial Building Sale – Gardena, CA – Traded for Two Other Buildings
- 50,000 Square Foot Industrial Building Lease – Torrance, CA – 10-year Lease
- 55,000 Square Foot Industrial Building – City of Commerce – Leased to National Delivery Service.